-->

graduation

I hit a big milestone yesterday...



I graduated high school!

I've spent the last six years at St. Augustines. I've grown so much spiritually, mentally, and scholastically. I've done everything with my class...laughed, cried....we've been through four shakespeare plays and twelve concerts...and i willingly admit that I will miss them more than I care to think about right now (too much crying would be involved!) Graduation was everything I hoped for and more.

^My brother and I recreating the infamous Mulan pose

^some of my beautiful classmates-notice dad's thumb in the corner

^ My dear friend Annie and I-we frequently fangirl about Hunger Games together


My Scripture teacher, Mr. C, gave the first of three commencement speeches. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house! I certainly sobbed at a few particularly touching moments...basically when he said that on his judgement day he will present us to the Lord as his joy. ("Unless you really screw up.") 

My History and Philosophy teacher, Dr. B, gave one of the most beautiful speeches about sacrifice I've ever heard. I feel incredibly grateful to have had such wise mentors during my time in high school!

^ but first lemme take a selfie


and now, for the piece de resistance...

Annie took this one :) Dan and I played brothers in my freshman play, Macbeth. He was good friends with MC, which is how I met her, and we've been kinda inseparable ever since! Then there's the ever beautiful Bethie, Dan's sis. She and I are gap year buddies <3

These past few days I've been really focused on a particular C.S. Lewis quote: There are far, far better things ahead then we leave behind." 

Can you believe I get to travel to the UK with these amazing people in a couple of days?! We even get to meet C.S. Lewis' secretary! Not that material goods equal God's blessing, but #blessed.

Here's to a beautiful Summer-and a beautiful life!

xoxo,
Kate


Post a Comment