-->

packing for england

It's crazy to think that in 32 hours, I'll be on a plane halfway to another country. I feel unbelievably excited and especially blessed to be taking this trip at such a young age (with such wonderful friends!) but at the same time, I am silently *freaking* out. I've never been this far away from home, for this long, with no family. Summer of adventures, I guess? :)

Getting ready for this trip has been one of those "slowly, then all at once" things. I went from graduating high school and finishing my senior play to all of a sudden leaving the country and needing two weeks worth of T-shirts. Here are some of the things I'll be taking with me:


{Carry On}

It took me forever to find a carry-on bag that is cute, but still practical, and good quality without being super expensive. This weekender bag did the trick for me--plus, it matches the wallet I already own. I've been loving the more round shaped sunglasses recently, so I knew I had to get some for this trip. I can't wait to bunker down on the plane with a good, cheesy novel and some pringles.

|| Weekender Bag, Target \\ Sunglasses, Target // Wallet, Local Boutique \\ Change Purse, Target ||


{Train Case}

I read in an article online not to bring any big, fancy looking jewelry with you to Europe, because it will only make you a target to pickpockets. Since I am utterly terrified of being mugged, I decided not to bring the red necklace, even though it is totally fabulous :)  For my makeup, I want to keep it simple and effortless, and I'm a total sucker for anything in the rose gold/peach/blush pink family. 

|| Train Case, Orla Kiely // Eyeshadow, Sonia Kashuk \\ Brushes, e.l.f. // Necklace, Target \\ Earrings, Forever 21 // Bracelet, Thrifted \\ Ring, Family Heirloom // Barette, Thrifted ||

{Suitcase}


Clothing wise, I had lots of fun with this trip, but being a perfectionist, I also had lots of trouble. I wanted cute, comfortable, and warm, without spending a lot of money or looking frumpy. I also won't be doing laundry on the trip, so I needed enough clothes to get me through two weeks. I decided on layering with lots of tees, cardigans, and jackets. Scarves are a great way to accessorize and keep warm as well :)

 ||Scarf, Target // Dress, Old Navy \\ Lace Top, // Marshalls Button Up, \\
Target // Tee, Target \\ Jeans, American Eagle // Shoes, Kohls \\ Jacket, Thrifted ||


I've learned a lot about myself while preparing for this trip. For one, I've never made plans this long-term before; It's been over a year since I found out about this opportunity! I also learned that I am capable of saving more than fifty dollars in one go. Haha.

I'm excited to try new foods-while there, I'm going to try escargots (snails) and creme brulee! But I'm most excited for the day we get to go to Stratford Upon-Avon; Shakespeare's birthplace. We even get to see Merchant of Venice at The Globe! Merchant holds a very special place in my heart, because my first (and only) leading role was Portia. It's even more special that most of the cast from Merchant is going on the trip with me.

I can't wait to take pictures and share updates! Bon Voyage!

xoxo, 
Kate

Post a Comment