-->

christmas day


is christmas really over? how did this happen?! i still haven't watched elf all the way through yet!

this year the holidays are really flying by. we didn't get a white christmas, so i found it really hard to get into the christmas spirit. then one day i woke up and it was christmas eve--not sure how that happened! regardless, i had a wonderful day full of food and giggles. 



christmas eve breakfast: french toast. yum. 

we had a crazy few days getting ready for christmas day; lots of last minute baking and wrapping!

the kids decorated the gingerbread house without me...but it is pretty cute...


baking. except all the cookies were in the oven before i could snap a picture.

prezzies wrapped and ready for my family to open :)

the altar at christmas eve mass. gosh darn, i love being catholic.

christmas dinner was at my aunt's & uncle's house this year, so we had a bit of a drive, but it was definitely worth it.


parcheesi is a tradition on my mom's side of the family, so my uncle pulled out the board. i played a game with conner, my mom, and my uncle--the sibling rivalry was strong ;) we also had it's a wonderful life on in the background--it was definitely one of the moments this year that i felt peaceful and joyous. the kind of memory i treasure forever. 

see the blue pieces? that's me. i'm not very good at parcheesi. i actually got pretty close to winning towards the end, until conner caught on and everybody ganged up on me.  conner won and i ended up in last place. haha

 the adult table at christmas dinner...that blur in the back is the chef/my aunt.

notice how my plate (to the right) is about 90% cheesy potatoes...yeah.

merry christmas & God bless!
xoxo, kate

Post a Comment