-->

that one weekend where i was actually social

Wanna know where my favorite place on campus is?

my room.

I know that sounds really unenthusiastic, but let me explain. I'm still getting used to things here, and being able to walk around in pj shorts is a limited luxury. Plus, my room is cute! So while I love seeing my new friends, nothing compares to my bed + netflix.

However, I occasionally get out and do fun  (social) stuff. I figured I should document it just in case mom asks what I've been doing for the past seven weeks when I come home for break.

 Every year, one of the households on campus hosts a 50's themed swing dance/sock hop. Me, my roomie Christine, and Emma from down the hall thought we'd go check it out and ohmygosh it was SO much fun. Everything was retro'd out from the music to the outfits and the food. I missed my dance partner (sad face) but I learned some cool moves to teach him :)
We're cute. 
I will admit, I got a little crazy with the mom dancing. Four weeks of stress and homesickness were relieved and it felt *awesome.* Because of my oldies childhood, I knew the words to pretty much every song they played...so thank you daddy :) 

 Then, the next morning, we drove an hour into Naples for a Sunday on the beach, and finished it off with Panera. Funny how I didn't go to the beach *once* over the summer, but a month into school I plan on hitting the beach as much as possible...
This Michigan girl totally forgot that not all water is fresh...heh heh heh.
sunbathed, waded, met a sand dollar named Tommy....good times.



I'm supposed to be studying for two exams right now...but I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm not a total shut in (except that last night I skipped out on more swing dancing for a New Girl marathon...)

By the way, it's the first day of Fall, so...YAY! And here I am posting beach pics. *insert cry laugh emoji*

xoxo, Kate

Post a Comment