-->

fall break

I got to go home for Fall break last weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Honestly it was the weirdest/best trip I could've ever imagined. Being home felt like a dream...for eight weeks my life has been tests and dinner at the student union and late night music parties. It was strange to all of a sudden be thrust back into familiar territory. Plus I missed my memory foam mattress back at Ave *lol*

I flew home late Wednesday night and spent three days in a chilly Michigan paradise. I had lots of cuddles on the couch, car dancing/singing, and yummy food (Velveeta mac and cheese, homemade enchiladas and my favorite Chinese takeout!) 
 Rainy Thursday was morning mass with Michael at my home parish, breakfast at iHop (I had the most HEAVENLY stack of pancakes) Target shopping (or rather Target wandering around gawking over stuff with Michael laughing at me and then losing my cool over the Halloween decor/Christmas lights,) and Charlie St. Cloud while snuggling in the big comfy chair. He fell asleep so of course like the god girlfriend I am, I took copious photos and videos. Those will remain private, but rest assured they are ADORABLE.
Friday was finishing up Maggie's photo session which turned into an impromptu couples photoshoot...then hot cocoa and more movies. It was great to spend some time outside in the chilly Autumn air. I also carved a super cute pumpkin! Michael was too scared of the squishy insides. He's funny like that. 
Isn't he cute?


He's the best :)

 Saturday was the cider mill (PRAISE.)  The donuts were just as warm and delicious as I remember...you know how much your girl loves donuts. Michael said he could get used to this tradition ;) Then after it got dark we went to Greenfield Village's Hallowe'en Nights. Michael did a great job of protecting me from the nonexistent threats. For realsies, there were five year olds braver than me...what can I say? Haha. 

I left for school at 5am on Sunday morning-now that was rough. I was really sad to leave, but I couldn't have spent my break a better way. It really was perfect. And Thanksgiving is only 4 weeks away! How is that?! 

It was a wonderful break :)
xoxo Kate

Post a Comment