-->

Lots of exciting things happening, it's gonna be yuuuuge

One thing I enjoy about having a blog is being able to chronicle my life for myself. Sure I could keep a private diary in my bedside table but honestly that's not half as fun, right? In any account, here's my October diary...uh, I mean blog post. 

This week I found out that I have officially been accepted to Madonna University for next semester, Winter 2018. Boy did I forget how stressful college is...trying to get everything in line has me a leeeettle bit cray cray. I'm hoping to keep my office job while in school, and campus is 50 minutes from my house, which is a lot to accommodate, but I'm hoping, praaaying it's possible. The exciting side is that I get to take art classes! I am honestly so pumped about getting back into school. Working almost full time is nice, because a) money and b) when I come home, I'm done for the day. But I really do miss learning and being in the classroom. So far the excitement has been staving off the anxiety...will keep you updated. Lol.


Another big announcement is that I've joined the witness protection program. Kidding. If you follow me on Instagram, or if you saw my Fall makeup look a couple weeks ago, you'd notice my hair is a lot darker...and shorter. The first week or so it freaked me out, but after a few showers the color toned down a bit and I loooove it. I also shortened it and had lots of layers put in; I've been growing my hair out for over a year, so I decided it was time for a change, especially since I became very protective with my hair over that year. I realized that not only did I not really enjoy doing my hair as much as I used to, I also realized that I was finding a lot of my identity in my hair. Sounds kinda crazy, right? Crazy bit true! I will say that I do miss styling my long hair, but if a picture is worth a thousand words, then this picture sums up how I feel about my hair: 
Good hair days are therapy.

Last week I took a little break and flew to Florida to visit Ave. It was just about the weirdest thing ever to walk around as an ex-student, but It was great to see my friends again. I flew in Wednesday night, and I spent all of Thursday catching up and relaxing in what woud've been my room this year...yeah, weird. Friday I had lunch at the pub, then went to a friends house to hang out for a bit.
Saturday we tried to go into town, but that plan was thumped when the car broke down. Later in the day we made plans to go to the pumpkin patch, which was fun, but was more like a farmers market, and did not meet the expectations of this Midwest girl.



The best part was definitely the sunflowers.

Just a girl sticking her head in a sunflower, no big deal. 
Sunday I went to mass, and basically just chilled and packed the rest of the day. Then it was off to the airport to head for home. Monday Michael and I went to the Jon Bellion concert here in Detroit. We both had been waiting for this since back in July, and it was definitely worth waiting an hour in the rain! Also, we walked the WRONG WAY for like eight minutes before realizing. So that was funny.
We had Mezzanine seats, which wasn't ideal for dancing, so we ended up standing in the corner the whole time so I could jump around like a maniac, lol. He performed all but one of my favorites (Morning In America sadly did not make the set list. Boo.) and let me tell you...Guillotine is somehow better in person. I didn't even know that was possible. 
Afterwards we stopped at Taco Bell (at my request, hehe) because after jumping around and shouting for two hours I was hungry. But then I'm always hungry for Taco Bell. 
The rest of the week I've spent working and getting back into normal life...Fun but tiresome. And I only say fun because I find organizing enjoyable (actually I take organizing so seriously that it stresses me out. So once I get past the stress, I enjoy myself. Haha.)


Post a Comment