-->

California Dreamin'

Last week I got to jump on a plane and fly five hours west to LA and visit my favoritest Mexican ever!! (No that is not politically correct to say, but is nonetheless a true statement.) Back in February Spirit had a 90% off flights deal. NINETY. FRICKEN. PERCENT. Sooooo, I called my dad from school, told him I was going to California, and bought the tickets in the span of about an hour. As an anxious person, this is a huge deal for me. *Donald Trump voice* HUGE.



LA is so pretty at night...from a plane window...like wow. I literally got to hop off a plane at LAX. Hey, twelve year old Kate, see how cool you get to be? Dreams come true. 

for our first day, Christine gave me a tour of her hometown. We basically just drove around listening to music and laughing as she pointed at various places. 



We got acai bowls, which in hindsight was kinda dumb cause it was pretty cloudy and chilly BUUUT they were delicious. There was a man running sprints at the park where we ate, which was hilarious, so it was basically dinner and a show. Poor guy. We couldn't stop giggling. 


We went back to her house for an Office marathon...naps...and then we ventured out for In n Out. SO GOOD. 

Day two we journeyed into Pasadena to the Norton Simon art museum. Yes, we sound like intellectuals, but really we just took a bunch of pictures for snapchat memes. So sophisticated. Then we got Cheesecake Factory for lunch, which is always a yes, and headed back to her house to relax because honestly we're both lazy bums. Which is why our friendship works. 

Friday was beach day! I stepped foot in the Pacific Ocean and hot damn is it cold. I was terrified of getting fried, which is a long story, but basically it ended in me wearing a sweatshirt on the beach. Lol. 


We walked the pier, which gave an amazing view of the whole beach scene.

We packed a lunch, so the entire two or three hours on the beach were spent chilling and eating and taking Instagram photos. Literally three of my favorite things.



Saturday was Confirmation day for Christine's little brother, so all day I was meeting relatives and hanging with the family. In the evening Christine convinced her big brother to drive us into LA to the Griffith Observatory. After sitting through an hour of traffic just to park (yep, there was an hour wait for a parking spot) we finally made it. I kiiinda saw the Hollywood sign (because of the traffic, we missed sunset so it was pretty dark) But the lights of the city were *beautiful*






just casually lounging on the balcony edge, lol

Monday, my last full day, we went to California Adventure in Disneyland. I paid fifteen bucks for the Mickey ears hat and went all out. Christine even convinced me to ride California Screamin, which was high key a miracle. 



Tuesday we drove to Simi Valley to hang out with another college friend, and then it was off to the airport. My flight was delayed and I was a zombie by the end,  But I had a great time in California and I will definitely be back :)

Post a Comment