-->

Dutch Braid Updo

Dutch Braid Updo
1. braid your hair into two dutch braids. If you don't know what that is, basically instead of taking the hair over like in a french braid, you take the hair under. this created a 3D effect where the braid kinda pops out from the head. Don't worry about it being perfect since the idea is to have a looser, relaxed look.

2. pull on those braids until they get nice and pancake-d out. The fluffier they look, the softer and more romantic the finished product will be.

3. take one braid along the nape of your neck and tuck the end into the braid on the other side. You just wanna hide the elastic and the end of your hair by shoving into aforementioned 3D part of the braid. My hair is on the longer end for this style so I usually end up tucking in pretty far up my head. secure with bobby pins.

4. repeat with the other braid.

5. I like to pull out some pieces in the front and curl them with my flat iron to frame my face and soften the look. this style would also be totes cute with bangs. 

I wear my hair like this all the time and i always get compliments! It's perfect for summer when you want hair off your neck but don't want to settle for the same old ponytail or bun, or if you need a quick style that is maximum glam with minimum effort. One alternative: instead of tucking the hair, make little buns. Super cute. 


Post a Comment