-->

Christmas Date Ideas

Because Christmas is MADE for love. *cough* cuddle weather *cough*


Decorate a Gingerbread House (or Cookies) - You could either decorate your own house and have a contest, or team up to decorate a single house. This is such a simple and festive idea. Munching while decorating is fun but you didn't hear it from me.

Sledding, Ice Skating, Skiing, Snowboarding, etc. Basically just any Winter sport/activity. I personally don't ski or snowboard, but I'm dating a hockey player, so this winter I'm making him take me out for some lessons. Sledding is a personal favorite of mine. it brings back many childhood memories :)

Christmas Movie Night (With Blanket Fort) - My personal favorites for movie night are Elf and It's A Wonderful Life, but there are so many other Christmas movies to choose from. Make a blanket fort, grab some popcorn and cozy drinks, and get in your pajamas. Then watch your movie while hanging out in your fort. Maybe I'm a child, haha but this sounds amazing to me!

Shop For Those in Need - Every year our parish has a Christmas tree decorated with little tags. Each tag has a person in need's wishlist on it. We each pick out a tag or two and go shopping for that person, and this year I realized that would be a great date idea!

Drive Around and look at Christmas Lights - This is a great low-key date idea. Get some hot cocoa and snacks, put on some Christmas music, and drive around the subdivisions in your area while you admire the Christmas lights.

Cook a Meal - This isn't specifically Christmas, but I think there's nothing better than a hot and hearty meal on a cold winter night. So, get together and have fun making it together. Set candles on the table, and dim the lights for ambiance. Bonus points for having the Christmas tree on too :)

Play In The Snow - Make a snowman, have a snowball fight, make some snow angels...pretend you're twelve again. Then afterwards warm up with some hot cocoa and/or soup. This could also go with the other winter activities, depending on how energetic you are. Haha.

Find a Local Holiday Activity - We have so many different activities to do around here; there's the Festival of Lights Parade, craft bazars, Christmas light displays at the local zoos, and the outdoor museum offers a historical Christmas party. Ince we're close to a college town, there's also opportunities for Holiday concerts and performances. This year Michael and I are going to see the Russian Ballet perform The Nutcracker and I am freaking. the. heck. out.

Michael and I will be checking all of these off, because he loves me and I am a Christmas fiend. Which ideas are you going to try?

Post a Comment